30 May 2017

Something about nothing

I love Alaska.

I love seeing the mountains when I wake up, drive to work, or go for a run.

I love the easy access to hikes where solitude abounds.

I love the rivers you can float down for weeks without seeing another soul, basking in the beauty of nature.

I love being able to go from rugged coastline to majestic mountains to winding rivers and rolling hills, to tundra as far as the eye can see.

I love the extra modifications added to climbing grades to account for moss/lichen, bees, and god-awful rock quality.

I love having friends to take on grand adventures.

I love having perspective from the last few years of my life that helps me appreciate what I have here. I missed it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been travelling every weekend of May for various reasons. I'm ready for some one-on-one time with Ev, away from the rest of the world. We're thinking a multi-day hike, or climbing adventure if the weather holds. Having nice bikes helps, since we can go for a ride after work and cruise along the Coastal Trail. I must say, it's great having a nice bike again.

Anyways, I figured I should post something, even if it's basically nothing. These things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment