19 January 2015

Mondays.... about that

It's Monday.

Not like I'd know. I haven't taken a day off school/studying since January 2nd. As I may have mentioned earlier, having exams after the holiday break is evil and cruel.

On the plus side, apparently I write good reports.

On the negative side, I have to memorize three derivations for the Modified Cam Clay soil model that I won't have sufficient time to actually derive so basically (and I quote the professor) I just have to do them a few times and memorize them. Don't try to derive all of it, because some of the relationships that need to be substituted in are experimentally derived, which makes it all but impossible.

I am really bad at memorizing stuff.

Ack!

So obviously, exams are kicking my butt and I haven't even taken one yet.



On a completely and wonderfully unrelated note, Ev and I saw The Imitation Game last night and it was pretty great. I really enjoy movies that are a little intellectual and biographic. I think I appreciated the film even more because Alan Turing has been in the news recently (something about his death probably not being a suicide but accidental inhalation of cyanide). Regardless, the guy was a genius and The Imitation Game does a pretty good job of capturing both his brilliance, personality (or at least how you hear about his personality.... apparently he was a bit arrogant and awkward) and the persecution for his sexuality.

It's also possible I have a huge thing for Benedict Cumberbatch. After all, he did play Stephan Hawking in a BBC movie a few years back that was pretty damn good.

Aaaaaaaand I think I just confessed to being a massive nerd. Oh well.



Anyways, there really hasn't been much thrilling or exhilarating stuff in my life right now. I suspect the blog update after spring break will be more along the lines of what you've all come to expect. Or I'm delusional. That's also a possibility.

And because I have no pictures for you, here's one of my sister's cats.
He was NOT pleased about being dressed up...


No comments:

Post a Comment